Within Sai organisation, a youth is someone aged between 16 and 40 years inclusive.
The age span 16-40 is crucial for that is the period when life adds sweetness to itself, when talents, skills and attitudes are accumulated, sublimated and sanctified. If the tonic of unselfish service is administered to the mind during this period, life’s mission is fulfilled. -- Sathya Sai Baba
- To encourage young adults to lead purposeful lives by learning and practicing spiritual values as defined and established by the life, message, and works of Sathya Sai Baba.
- To provide forums for young adults of like mind to meet and to discuss issues in leading spiritual lives in today's world.
- To enhance, not interfere with, harmony and understanding in family relationships and within the Sai Organization.
“I am devoting 75% of my time to the youth, the students … Realise how much time I am lavishing on you. If you waste this opportunity, it will not come again.” ~ Baba
The Sri Sathya Sai World Youth Conference is not merely a conference; it is actually a journey, a pilgrimage of self-discovery, self-transformation and self-purification. Sai Youth from all over the world, embarked upon an important Sadhana Programme to assist with their spiritual transformation. This Sadhana Programme consisted of nine spiritual disciplines or “stepping stones.”
1.Chant the Lord’s name
2. Daily reading of Sai literature and weekly study circle
3. Engage in selfless service as a Group
4. Practice dietary discipline
5. Learn to speak softly and speak less
6. Take active part in Sai Centres
7. Improve communication and interact respectfully with Parents
8. Practice ceiling on desires
9. Practice daily prayer and meditation
Our Sai Youth must be careful not to abandon this sadhana that they have begun with so much enthusiasm.
Young Adult Apprenticeship Program
The Young Adult Apprenticeship Programme can be defined as the “practical immersion in the management of the organisation that results in spiritual benefits for the server and the served ones”.
Young adults serve as apprentices to officers at various levels of the organisation. The Apprenticeship programme combines on-the-job practical training with spiritual instruction on the mission and teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
As Swami says:"Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached!”