Sathya Sai School of Mauritius, Pre-Primary Section started in the year 2000, after declaration by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, Chancellor of the Sathya Sai University, to start setting up Sathya Sai Schools around the World. The school was set up with the view to introduce the Sathya Sai Education in Human Values (SSEHV) and the Integral Approach of the Sathya Sai Education in the main stream ,on the outset using both, the direct and integrated approaches, as being implemented with great success in the various Sathya Sai Schools throughout the world.
Primary section - Inaugurated in Oct 2009
With the Grace and the Divine Will of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, the Primary Section was set up and inaugurated in 2009. The Official Inauguration of the Sathya Sai School – Primary Section was held on Thursday 01 October, 2009 by His Excellency The President of the Republic of Mauritius, Sir Anerood Jagnauth, G.C.S.K., K.C.M.G., Q.C in the presence of Br Kishen Khubchandani, Zonal Chairperson, Africa, Middle East, UK and Islands of the Indian Ocean, Dr L. Singh, Chairperson Africa Region, Mr. T. Toda, the Mayor of Vacoas-Phoenix (town where the school is situated), Mr Joshi, Secretary of Br Indulal Shah , Mr. s. Vaideswaran , C.E.O of New India Assurance and other eminent personalities.
Mission: All Round Development towards Blossoming of Human Excellence
In an atmosphere of love and mutual respect, each child is encouraged to excel and aspire to his or her full potential. To fulfill this mission, the administration and staff will provide a conducive environment to ensure
• A loving and nurturing climate for the growth of character, the development of noble ideals and the Enrichment of virtues;
• Opportunities for responsible citizenship through a focus on the integration of the human values of Love, Truth, Right Conduct, Peace and Non-Violence in curricular and extra-curricular activities; A better understanding of all cultures and religious beliefs, and a sense of unity amidst
• A challenging curriculum of Integral Education that promotes academic excellence;
• Encouragement for parent-teacher-school cooperation and the promotion of community involvement;
• An opportunity for parents to play an active role in the integrated development of a socially conscious and ethically mature student.
Vision of the School
To develop Excellent Human Beings who as role models, will transform their families, society, the country and the world towards Unity, Morality and Peaceful Co-existence.
School Motto: Be Good, See Good, Do Good