The Educational Mission of Sri Sathya Sai Baba in His words -
“The main purpose is to help you cultivate Self-Knowledge and Self-Confidence, so that each one of you can learn Self-Sacrifice and earn Self-Realisation.”
Sathya Sai Education is:
- Based on 5 Human Values of Truth, Right Conduct, Peace, Love and Nonviolence.
- Ultimate aim is to develop good character
- To develop the innate goodness in each child.
- To nurture the children’s awareness that the five universal values of Truth, Right Action, Peace, Love and Nonviolence are within them.
- To achieve human excellence by cultivating the values through unity of thought, word and deed (3HV).
This is the philosophy of Sathya Sai Education and it requires a pedagogy that needs to be
In addition, the teacher should be an exemplar of the the 5 human values.
There are 5 recommended teaching techniques along with 2 other compatible teaching strategies. These techniques provide the full range of learning activities and embrace body, mind and spirit.
The 5 teaching techniques are:
- Silent sitting or Tuning in
- Prayer or Quotations
- Story Telling
- Group Singing
- Group Activities
The other two compatible teaching strategies are
- Mind Mapping
- Creative Visualisation
Primary aim of Balvikas program :
“The Balvikas is the primary basis of the great movement to restore Dharma in the world. It is raising a generation of boys and girls who have clean and clear consciousness, the creation of an atmosphere where noble habits and ideals can grow and fructify. Children have to be led into good ways of living, into Simplicity, Humility and Discipline."
The are four age group
- Group I – ages 6-9
- Group II – ages 9-12
- Group III – ages 12-15
- Group IV – ages 15 -17
“Real Education is that which promotes Unity, Equality and peaceful coexistence with fellow human beings” - Baba.
The end of education is character.